A Guide to Men’s Hair Products2 min read
It can be difficult to get the right hair care products. It can be hard to choose the right product for you. There are some products that are common across brands. Understanding these five products will help you put together your hair care kit.
1. Shampoo and conditioner are the basic products you will need for your hair. A cleanser should not be harsh and not strip hair of its natural oils. It should also provide nutrients to keep hair healthy and soft. Paraben- and sulfate-free shampoos are great for softening hair without stripping it. You can also use a shampoo-conditioner combo if you have a short time.
2. Use a Leave-in Conditioner – If you don’t want to go through the hassle of applying a normal conditioner in the shower, you can opt for a leave-in. This conditioner will provide your hair with constant moisture and soften it. This is an essential part of your hair’s health.
3. Gel-gel is another tool you can use to get the best out of your hair. The gel can be a little more difficult to work with once it has dried down. This is why gel-gel is the best choice if you want a textured and layered look without much movement. The gel isn’t as popular as it used to be, but this hair product is still very much in demand. The gel that is strong and holds well will be needed if you want to do a Mohawk or a spiky style. Water-based gels are easier to clean.
4. Pomades and Hair Waxes – pomades or hair waxes will give your hair a little more hold than a gel, spray, or hair spray. Some pomades are also infused in nutrients to condition hair. Pomades can be used for short hairstyles with a lot of texture, but do not necessarily need to be rigid and unmovable.
5. Gel, Pomade, and Other Fixatives – You may not need to use gel or pomade to give your hair texture or secure it. There are many other options. A mousse is a great option for a sleek, slicked-back look that looks still wet. Hair spray might be the best choice for those who want a more natural look. You can remove hair spray by brushing it out if you don’t want to change the texture of your hair.
It is important to find quick and easy products for men’s hair. These five products are a good place to start.
This article was written by a master barber at Goodfellas Barbershop in St.Petersburg FL. Goodfellas is a friendly, full-service barbershop specializing in modern barbering with traditional techniques. We offer all types of cuts and styles as well as straight razor shaves and beard trimming with precision detailing. Family-owned and operated since 2012. Click here to learn more!