Summertime is a great time to wear cufflinks. They are a stylish addition to any outfit, and they can make you look dapper and put together. However, cufflinks can also get dirty pretty easily. If you don’t clean them regularly, they can start to look dingy and old. Luckily, it’s easy to clean aluminum cufflinks with just a few simple steps. Keep reading for instructions on how to give your cufflinks a quick cleaning!
How do you remove any dust or dirt from the surface of aluminum cufflinks?
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think much about your cufflinks until they need to be cleaned. But keeping them clean is important to maintain their appearance and longevity. Here are a few tips on how to remove any dust or dirt from the surface of cufflinks:
- Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe the surface of the cufflink.
- If there is any stubborn dirt or grime, you can use a cotton swab dipped in water to lightly clean the area.
- Never scrub the surface of the cufflink, as this can damage the finish.
- If your cufflinks are gold or silver, you can use a mild jewelry cleaner to remove any build-up on the surface.
- Once you’re finished cleaning, dry the cufflinks with a soft cloth to prevent water spots from forming.
With just a little bit of care, your cufflinks will stay looking their best for years to come! Visit BAIQUE to buy all types of cufflinks.
How to clean aluminum cufflinks that are tarnished?
If your cufflinks are made of aluminum, you can clean them with a number of different methods.
One way is to rub the links with a soft cloth soaked in vinegar.
Another method is to mix together equal parts of water and flour, and then use this paste to scrub the tarnished areas.
If you’re concerned about scratching the metal, you can also use a toothbrush dipped in baking soda to lightly scrub the surface.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to rinse the links thoroughly with clean water afterwards and dry them completely before storing them.
DIY cufflinks homecare
If your cufflinks are looking a little worse for wear, don’t despair – with a little homecare, you can make them look as good as new. Here’s what to do:
- First, gently clean the cufflinks with a soft cloth. If they’re really dirty, you can soak them in warm soapy water for a few minutes, then rinse and dry them thoroughly.
- Next, use a soft toothbrush to clean the crevices and hard-to-reach areas.
- If your cufflinks have gemstones or other embellishments, you’ll need to take extra care when cleaning them. Avoid scratching the surface by using a soft cloth.
- Finally, polish the links with a jewelry cleaning cloth to restore their shine.
With just a little bit of care, your cufflinks will look as good as new – and you’ll be able to wear them with pride.