How to Make Homemade Cosmetics Using Spices4 min read
Did you know that in ancient times there were no cosmetic products for makeup or skin care? Nevertheless women of that times had perfect skin and cosmetics for makeup they made by themselves. They looked so beautiful because they knew some magical secrets of ingredients that nowadays can be found in every kitchen. Nowadays we know these secrets and we are ready to share them with you.
How spices can be used in beauty purposes?
We got used to think that spices are created only to make appetizing dishes, but now we know that they are also used in order to make our skin beautiful without spending a lot of money on expensive cosmetics. Spices contain a number of anti-oxidants which give wonderful taste and flavor and some useful qualities. If you combine them with correct ingredients and apply it regularly on your skin then you will receive amazing results. Spices make your skin beautiful without any harm or side effects. They are so gentle that can be used even on sensitive skin. So there is no need to look for expensive cosmetic products when you can make them by yourself and be sure that they are safe.
Home-made skin care recipes with spices
Anti-oxidant contained in turmeric is called curcumin. It has anti-bacterial and anti-septic qualities. When it is taken in, it purifies our blood, which also helps to maintain healthy skin from inside. It is very effective in struggle against free radicals. Your skin looks younger; it is more healthy and fresh. Also it gives the possibility to avoid or to get rid of any kinds of blemishes and inflammations.
Beauty recipes with turmeric
- Take turmeric paste or powder (it can be found in both forms) and combine it equally with sandalwood powder and apply it on your face. It is extremely effective if you are suffering from acne, pimples or blemishes. It has cooling effect on your skin so it is perfect to use this mask in summer, because you will receive double effect. If to apply this mask systematically, your tone of skin will become brighter.
- If you need to receive whitening effect on your skin and remove dead cells, then you need to combine milk, lemon juice, turmeric and flour and to apply this paste on your skin. Wait until it dries up and then cleanse your skin. It has a wonderful peeling effect.
- If you need to remove facial hair, then you should mix turmeric powder and lemon juice. Though you should be careful if you have allergy to lemon.
Cinnamon is a perfect choice for those who want to receive smooth tone of skin and forget about pimples, because this spice has anti-bacterial effect.
Beauty recipes with cinnamon
- If you have a problem of loss of hair, then combine honey with cinnamon powder equally and massage this paste into the scalp, leave it for at least thirty minutes and then shampoo your hair properly.
- If you suffer from a problem with pimples then you should immediately make a paste, made of cinnamon powder and honey and apply it on problematic areas for twenty minutes. Pimples and little scars after it will be effectively removed.
- If you need to lose weight then boil the mixture of honey and cinnamon and take it in the morning and in the evening before sleep. It will effectively burn fat in your body.
Ages ago clove was used by dentist in order to receive anti-bacterial effect. It is present in composition of a great number of soaps and other cleansing products and it is very effective in treatment of pimples. It gives your skin a pleasant tone and purifies your pores effectively.
Beauty recipes with clove
- If you suffer from acne and blemishes, then you should make a paste of clove and fullers earth powder and add some rose water into it. This paste should be applied on your face and left for ten minutes. There will be no irritation or itching anymore because your skin will be soothed.
- Apply clove paste on problematic areas (on pimples) before you go to sleep and remove it in the morning. This procedure will cure pimples or will help to lessen them.
Pepper accelerates blood circulation which is very good for skin because it makes it younger and prevents from premature aging and also useful for hair and scalp, because it stimulates hair growth. But if you have sensitive skin, you should avoid it because it may cause irritation and allergy.
Beauty recipes with pepper
- If you want to dry up the pimples then you should apply black pepper on these problematic areas.
- To cure hair loss and to make your hair radiant you should combine pepper with curd and apply this mask on hair for thirty minutes and then shampoo it properly. Your hair will look healthy and grow faster.