It’s that time again… Sephora’s Holiday Savings Event is here! I’ve been planning my purchases for a while now, though I fully admit that I typically forget to order something, or I find another item I want… and I end up with multiple orders during the Sephora Events.
First, the important information that you need to know about the event:
- This event is for members of Sephora’s Beauty Insider Program. If you are somehow not yet a member, you should join now! It’s free, and you’ll get access to this event. You’ll also get perks like free standard shipping, early access to purchase products, and you’ll earn points to use for products or Beauty Insider Cash.
- Most of the store is included in the Sephora Holiday Savings Event, which means this is a great time to save on all of your favorites. And presents. And any splurges you’ve been holding off on.
- There are different details depending on your tier.
Rouge Members: 10/28-11/7, 20% off with the code SAVINGS
VIB Members: 11/1-11/7, 15% off with the code SAVINGS
Insiders: 11/3-11/7, 10% off with the code SAVINGS
- The 30% off doesn’t stack with your tier’s discount, but you can mix that order in with other items.
- All tiers also get Free Shipping on all orders, no minimum order amount to get the free shipping.
- You can use the savings code as many times as you want. Which is a good thing if you’re like me, and end up with multiple orders during the event…
My strategy for the event:
It’s easy to get overwhelmed when planning and placing your Sephora Holiday Savings Event order. Here’s how I think about what I’m putting in my cart.
• Stock up on my must haves
• Buy holiday gifts
• Try something new!
My Stock Ups:
This is the best discount of the year, so I take full advantage and buy extras of my favorite products. These are the products you know you’ll be repurchasing over and over, your staple items. Think about your favorite haircare, skin and makeup items you use every day… that’s what you should immediately add to your cart!
I know I’m not the only one that keeps extra shampoo, conditioner and styling products around. I can’t run out! Don’t forget to grab travel sizes of favorites also, it makes packing for a trip much easier and faster.
• Shampoo and Conditioner: My current favorites are the Kerastase Chroma Absolu Shampoo for Fine to Medium Color-Treated Hair and Chroma Absolu Strengthening Conditioner
• Hair Mask: Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair Rice Water Protein + Moisture Strengthening Treatment: I love swapping out conditioner for a quick hair mask in the shower, but I need to alternate between hydrating and repair treatment versions or things go a bit wonky. I love that this mask has both options in it (it’s a double pump, you’re actually mixing 2 masks when you use it), and I don’t have to guess which product my hair needs that day.
• Styling Products: I’m currently mostly adding a bit of volume to my roots with Drybar Southern Belle Volume-Boosting Root Lifter and smoothing with Oribe Supershine Moisturizing Hair Cream. If I curl my hair, the extra length of the Bio Ionic Long Barrel Styler Pro Curling Iron 1″ really does make a big difference for my hair. My curls last for a few days with Oribe Superfine Hair Spray. Finally, Kerastase Elixir Ultime Hydrating Hair Oil Serum is my go-to oil for finishing my hair whether it is straight or if I curled it.
Skin & Body Care
I am a skincare junkie, so this list can be long for me! A few of my current favorites:
• Morning lotion: La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Lotion: I know it’s a total splurge, but this lotion makes my skin very happy every fall and winter.
• Sunscreen: Kiehl’s Super Fluid Daily UV Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50+: My whole family uses this, I stock up multiple times a year. While our summer backyard pool time is over, we’ll still need this for trips over winter and spring breaks.
• Moisturizing Cream: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizing Cream is the go-to winter face cream for most of my family. It’s gentle and just the right amount of moisture for everyone. If you want an option with anti-aging power, I love the Kate Somerville +Retinol Vitamin C Moisturizer, because it has multiple active ingredients and makes my sensitive skin glowy. It also smells amazing!
• Facial Oil: Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil is my forever favorite. Add a few drops to your nightly routine when you’re feeling a bit dry and I promise you will look glowy in the morning.
• Exfoliating face wash: Tata Harper Regenerating Exfoliating Cleanser is a huge splurge for me, but it keeps all the dry peeling areas away. I can tell when I haven’t used it for a few days. It also smells like amazing oranges, and I’m a sucker for that.
• Body Cream: If you haven’t tried Fenty’s Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream, do yourself and add it to your cart right now. It’s amazing. A little goes a long way, so it isn’t as big of a splurge as you think it will be. It smells amazing, sinks in and just feels super moisturizing, and it leaves behind a glow that I loved all summer long! It also comes in refills, a mini (which I have now made a travel staple) and I’ve recently bought the limited edition Soft Gold Shimmer version!
Anything you use every day should be included.
• Color Corrector: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish Color Corrector is a daily product for me. I use light or medium depending on how much sleep I got, but I love that this color corrector actually does come in deeper colors, so there’s an option for everyone. Most color correctors don’t come with the deeper options.
• Concealer: I have a couple different concealers I reach for, sitting on my vanity counter currently are the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, Dior Backstage Concealer, and Dior Forever Skin Correct Concealer.
• Powder: My go-to is the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder, and I recently tried the Airbrush Flawless Finish Brightening Powder. It’s also amazing, though I admit I can’t always tell the difference between the 2 powders. I do like it enough that I’m buying another of the brightening powders as well as the traditional.
• Blush: My current favorites are Patrick Ta blush in She’s Sincere or the iconic NARS blush in Orgasm.
• Eye Shadow: The Dior Backstage Eyeshadow Palettes are some of my favorites (especially in Warm Neutrals and Cool Neutrals). For this year’s event I have the new Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Easy Eyeshadow Palette in my cart.
• Mascara: I’m stocking up on the Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara
• Eyeliner: If you haven’t tried Sephora’s Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner yet, you need to grab one (or a couple) for your order! They have a ton of shades, it applies smoothly and smudges perfectly, then sets for all day. It reminds me of many higher priced liners, and it’s 30% off. That’s the perfect excuse to get a couple of fun shades for fall and winter.
Try Something New:
I’m a sucker for trying new things, especially if they are a twist on one of my favorites!
• Tom Ford Private Blend Sampler: I’ve had my eye on a few of the included fragrances in this set for a while now. But I don’t want to drop a lot on a bottle of fragrance without trying it for a while!
• Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Beautifying Blush and Highlighter Palette: I’ve had my eye on this palette for a long time, I’m finally going to splurge on it!
Have you seen this year’s holiday gift sets? I think this year’s selection is better than I’ve seen in a long time.
A few I have my eye on:
• Westman Atelier The Petal Edition Lip and Complexion Holiday Gift Set: I have all of these products in different shades already, and love the formulas. My Petal blush is a go-to for me when I travel, I’d love matching shades in the others!
• Kérastase Shine Essentials: Color-Treated Haircare Gift Set: Yes, my favorite shampoo and conditioner duo in travel size, with the really great glossing product. In my cart already.
• Laneige Midnight Minis Lip Sleeping Mask Set: I love the Laneige lip masks, and my house has reached the point that my girls (8 and 11) now steal them from me. Everyone is getting a lip mask set in their stocking.
• Charlotte Tilbury Mini Beauty Highlighter Wand Duo Set: I love this liquid highlighter set, it’s a great gift for someone.
• Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Dreams Come True Makeup Vault: If you have a makeup lover in your life, I think this is the ultimate gift. I would buy it for myself, but I already own many of the items included!
• YSL Lip Vault: If you have someone in your life that loves a red or darker lip, this is a steal.
I would love to know what’s going in your cart this year for Sephora’s Holiday Savings Event!
Shop the Post
This post is a collaboration with Sephora. The obsession with Sephora’s Holiday Savings Event, product choices, and opinions are all my own!